By Katie Cunningham
Get functional directions for making your web site available to individuals with disabilities. With this guide, you’ll methods to layout or improve a domain that conforms to part 508 of the USA Rehabilitation Act—and within the method you’ll notice the way to offer a greater consumer adventure for everyone.
The Accessibility Handbook introduces you to a number of audiences that experience hassle utilizing today’s complicated web pages, together with individuals with blindness, listening to loss, actual disabilities, and cognitive issues. how one can aid assistive applied sciences, and comprehend which fonts, shades, web page layouts, and different layout components paintings best—without having to exclude complicated services, lease open air support, or considerably bring up overhead.
Develop strategies that accommodate:
- Complete blindness. Create a logical rfile stream to help reveal readers
- Low imaginative and prescient and colour blindness. Optimize photos and colour schemes, and confirm your web site enlarges gracefully
- Hearing impairment. supply video captions and visible indicators for interactive features
- Physical disabilities. Make kinds, popups, and navigation more straightforward to use
- Cognitive disorders. Adapt fonts and textual content kinds for dyslexic clients, and layout constant, well-organized pages for individuals with ADHD
Read or Download Accessibility Handbook: Making 508 Compliant Websites PDF
Similar user experience & usability books
This e-book comprises considerably prolonged and revised types of the simplest papers from the 14th foreign convention on company details structures (ICEIS 2012), held in Wroclaw, Poland, in June/July 2012. The 25 complete and three invited papers incorporated during this quantity have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from 299 submissions.
This publication constitutes the completely refereed post-workshop lawsuits of the tenth overseas Workshop on internet companies and Formal equipment, WS-FM 2013, held in Beijing, China, in August 2013. The eight papers offered have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from 19 submissions. They conceal features corresponding to control-flow family utilizing Petri nets, consistency of cloud shops, version checking, model-drives layout, research of context-aware structures.
Consumer study conflict tales are own debts of the demanding situations researchers come upon out within the box, the place mishaps are inevitable, but exceptionally instructive. Doorbells, possibility, and lifeless Batteries is a various compilation of conflict tales that variety from comically extraordinary to astonishingly tragic, tied including worthy classes from professional consumer researcher Steve Portigal.
Demonstrating the impression of Semiotic Engineering in Human-Computer interplay, this publication specializes in the paintings of 1 of the pioneers of the sphere - Clarisse de Souza - and her impression in this vast and wide-ranging region of analysis. It features a number of essays written by means of those who have labored along with her through the years and should inspire readers to increase their studying and examine during this region.
- People and Computers XV — Interaction without Frontiers: Joint Proceedings of HCI 2001 and IHM 2001: v. 15 (BCS Conference)
- Visual Heritage in the Digital Age (Springer Series on Cultural Computing)
- Das Internet der Dinge: Ubiquitous Computing und RFID in der Praxis: Visionen, Technologien, Anwendungen, Handlungsanleitungen (German Edition)
- So werden wir lernen!: Kompetenzentwicklung in einer Welt fühlender Computer, kluger Wolken und sinnsuchender Netze (German Edition)
Additional resources for Accessibility Handbook: Making 508 Compliant Websites
Accessibility Handbook: Making 508 Compliant Websites by Katie Cunningham